Three years ago when I landed in Ghana, I remember going to Koffee Lounge at A&C Mall and asking for coffee to go and having everyone look at me like I was crazy. Fast forward from then to now and I’m happy to report that Accra’s coffee game is on fleek. Because I love you and I know how much you love your coffee, here is a quick round up of where to get black gold in the Gold Coast, both hot and cold to go.
1. Cafe Kwae – Yvette Ansah’s baby is serving up latte deliciousness hot and to go on the daily.
2. Vida E Caffe – A South African franchise with a couple locations in Accra is serving coffee hot and cold on the go. They also have muffins and tings to grab and go.
A photo posted by Vickie Remoe (@vickieremoe) on
3. Second Cup – This coffee shop now has two locations, inside the Palace Super Store on Spintex Road and also at the Achimota Shopping Center. Get it hot or cold…the White Chocolate Mocha which also comes with dark chocolate is a treat.
4. Cupcake Boutique – CB was recently featured on CNN just after celebrating their first year in business. Take away coffee comes iced and delicious and of course they have all kinds of cupcake delights to match.
5. Bourbon House Cafe – BHC is located at A & C Mall in East Legon right next to the Koffee Lounge (which much to my JJC surprise 3 years ago did not have coffee to go). BHC has coffee to go hot and cold, as well as brownies, salads, and sandwiches. I most especially love their Kiwi Lime Smoothie (Yes I know this is about coffee). For residents in the East Legon/Adjiringanor area this is the most legit cafe within a 10-15 minute radius.
A photo posted by Bourbon House Cafe (@bourbon_house_cafe) on