Earlier this year Mr. Franklin Ibemessie was the keynote speaker at Recipes for Success II, a business networking event for professionals in Sierra Leone. The video above the full presentation and Q&A segment.
Here are the 10 things we learned from Franklin Ibemessie
- Life is not determined by how good you can stride but how well you can huddle.
- You will fall but you have to rise and you have to dig deep to move. If you start digging deep, after a while, it becomes a habit in your brain and it becomes muscle memory for your body.
- There is the past, the present, and the future, but the most important thing is the present. The past is a reference point for you to focus on the future. If you focus on the past you will never move from the present. The future is non existent in itself because the future starts in the present.
- You create the future, don’t wait for luck. Luck is a factor of intent and your luck is improved depending on how hard you can work towards something.
- How smart you think you are is the foundation, how resolute you are is the rest of the building. It is like love, love is only the foundation.
- No matter where you find yourself there will always be people who don’t like you. However, your job should be to focus on the prize, to get to where you want to go. If you focus on fighting the people in your way, then you become exactly who you do not like, you become them. So focus on you!
- Find your points of Reference – who is near you that can speak to you in the way you feel you need to be spoken to, who are the people who make you better?
- You don’t need to strive to be innovative to be successful, you just have to commit to continuous improvement; putting one foot ahead of the other every day, take baby steps and move forward.
- You are not known by the company you keep, you are known by the company you avoid.
- You are not defined by the things that stand in your way, you are define by how you deal with them.
About Franklin Ibemessie